Recently, I had a Continuous Sexual Abuse of a Young Child case in County A, Texas, which was outside of my home base in Austin, Texas. In the first of the “Sexual Abuse” allegations (as defined by Tex. Penal Code Ann. §21.02) in the indictment, (Exhibit A), it was undisputed that the alleged act was for an offense that occurred wholly in County B.
We have been privileged to have many authors take part as continuing contributors to Voice for the Defense. Buck Files has done yeoman’s work with his “Federal Corner,” Kathleen Nacozy and Tim Crooks have been steadfast with their “Significant Decisions Report,” and Stephen Gustitis has been wonderful with his “Off the Back” articles.
- President's Message: The Badge - By Samuel E. Bassett
- Executive Director's Perspective: Forward Motion - By Joseph A. Martinez
- Ethics and the Law: Silence Is Golden . . . Sometimes - By Robert Pelton
- Off the Back: Another Nuts-and-Bolts Primer on Batson Challenges - By Stephen Gustitis
- Federal Corner: Judge Delgado-Colon “Skirted Near the Line” But Didn’t Cross It - By F. R. Buck Files Jr.
- Said & Done